FUN WITH SCIENCE THROUGH HANDS-ON EXPERIMENTS
STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math)
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) doesn’t need to be complicated.
- STEM is a method of education wherein the subjects are taught in coherence instead of in isolation. It emphasizes putting the children at the core of experience, making them active learners instead of passive listeners.
- Children should experience, at the earliest possible moment, that they are MAKERS who can shape their own worlds.
- Children are natural scientist. Early school years are perfect time to develop science skills and cultivate positive attitudes in learning and experimenting.
- In addition to science literacy, STEM education also helps to foster critical thinking, problem solving, creativity, curiosity, decision making, leadership, acceptance of failure.
- We introduce Design Thinking concept through working on projects. Just like the motto of MIT “mens et manus” (Latin for “mind & hand”), we combine the steps to Emphatise, Define, Ideate, Prototype, Test with hands-on and practice by doing. Students can bring their creations home too!
- IN PERSON CLASS: During the normal time, our class is delivered in-person at the school locations or at our learning centers, guided by our teachers. The projects are done in group to encourage collaboration and team works, while worksheets and materials are provided for each student.
- ONLINE CLASS: During pandemic time, we have successfully converted the class into online session with live guidance from our teachers and video tutorials. We can send the materials and worksheets to school locations on a periodic basis (i.e. every month).
- Different project every week. Each child can bring or keep their project result home.
- Course fee is all inclusive, including material kits for each project.
- Cover various STEM areas, including some integration with our coding program from KodeKiddo.