Preparing for the Level II CFA® Program Exam
Level II Builds on the Fundamentals You Mastered in Level I.
Level I was a test of your knowledge of the ethical and professional standards of sound financial analysis. In the Level II CFA® Program exam, you’ll be tested on your ability to use that knowledge in realistic situations that analysts face.
The knowledge you need prior to preparing for Level II is the knowledge you were tested on during your Level I exam. Your exam prep process for Level II will arm you with the skills to apply that knowledge to some of the work financial analysts are expected to perform.
Level II Curriculum
The topics tested in Level II include:
- Ethical and Professional Standards
- Quantitative Methods
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Corporate Finance
- Equity Investments
- Fixed Income
- Alternative Investments
- Portfolio Management
How Long it Takes to Study
The general recommendation is that you spend roughly 300 hours preparing for each level of the CFA Program exam. According to a 2016 survey, Level II candidates spent an average of 329 hours preparing for the exam.
How to Study
We suggest that candidates employ The Kaplan Way, a three-phase learning strategy: Prepare • Practice • Perform®. This methodology is the foundation upon which Schweser’s CFA Program exam prep products are built.
- In-Person: Attend live classes in select cities, led by CFA charterholders.
- Online: All the quality of a live class, with convenient online delivery.
- Self-Study: Comprehensive, flexible, no-frills exam prep package.
Tips and Tools
Looking for additional tips to help you prepare for the Level II CFA Program exam? Look no further.
- Start your exam prep early. Develop a routine and stick to it.
- The tools in your review package work best when used together as designed.
- Check out these free resources specifically designed for Level II candidates.